Picnic at Hanging Rock (Blu-ray)
Peter Weir's Masterpiece - loaded with extras
Rachel Roberts; Vivean Gray; Helen Morse; Kirsty Child; Tony Llewellyn-Jones
Also available on DVD
On Saturday 14th February 1900 a party of schoolgirls from the Appleyard College took a trip to Hanging Rock near Mt. Macedon in the state of Victoria. Some of the girls were never seen again.
The film that established Peter Weir as a major filmmaker is a critically acclaimed classic of Australian cinema. With BAFTA-winning photography and a memorably haunting score, Picnic At Hanging Rock remains one of the most chillingly atmospheric and beautifully enigmatic films ever made.
New HD Transfer supervised by Peter Weir for this blu-ray release.
Features & Extras
- A Dream Within A Dream (120 Minute Making Of)
- A Recollection - Hanging Rock 1900
- Joan Lindsay interview
- Hanging Rock and Martindale Hall - then and now
- The Day of St Valentine (1st Screen Adaptation)
- Audio interviews
- Stills and Poster Gallery
- Deleted Scenes for Director's Cut
- Subtitles for Hard of Hearing.